Located in Southern California since 2002, Deep Surplus is a manufacturer and distributor of low voltage cabling supplies. As our name implies, we also purchase and re-sell surplus inventory from other companies.
Our approach to business is quite unique. We use lean manufacturing principles, quality control best practices, and extreme customer service to bring our customers the highest quality products. Using these principles, we have now grown into a 24,000 square foot distribution and manufacturing facility that serves the world.
We make many of our products at our facility, here in California. In addition to our own products, we are continually increasing the number of products made by small manufacturers across the United States.
Deep Surplus exemplifies a True American Success Story.
From our humble beginnings in a garage in 2002, we grew quickly. In 2007, Deep Surplus was included in the INC 500 and ranked as one of the fasted growing companies in the United States.
It was at this time that we saw the need for high quality American made products with a fast turn-around time. Building on the success of our distribution business, we began a "state of the art" cable assembly operation. We next turned to sheet metal fabrication, powder coating and silk screening in order to meet customer demand.
We have grown significantly through our commitment to high quality products, excellent customer service and fast product delivery. Our executive staff understands customer service having many years at companies such as Gucci Watches and Disneyland.
Today we ship our products all over the world. All of the data cables used at the 2012 Republican National Convention were custom made by us. In addition, thousands of our 25 pair Amphenol cables are now in use in the new World Trade Center building. Every Firestone store in the United States has been updated with our custom made cables along with thousands of hotels, restaurants and other facilities. We also supply Lockheed Martin, Boeing and other aircraft companies as well as large construction companies like the Walsh Group, one of the nation's top 15 contractors.
Our goal is to serve you and provide a quality product in a short period of time. You can order from us with confidence, because we have shipped our products to customers large and small all over the world since 2002. We look forward to partnering with your company.
We place a high value in giving back to the community. Our sister company, Deep Mercy, was established to provide assistance for the less fortunate. Through Deep Mercy, we support a local food distribution warehouse as well as projects to help the poor in Mexico, Kenya and India.
Deep Surplus is an environmentally friendly facility. We currently recycle the majority of our waste products, including cable scraps, cardboard, metal excess and other items. We review all current and new chemical purchases to make sure that we are using the best in bio-engineered, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly cleaners, cutting fluids and degreasers that are currently on the market.
- We stock hundreds of thousands of feet of cable ready to be made into the various cable that we make daily.
- Using top of the line, precision cable processing equipment we are able to automatically measure, cut, strip, coil and tie our cables to our customers exact requirements.
- Our assembly stations include power crimping machines and all of the parts required for a particular job.
- To keep our costs down and our quality up, we use many lean manufacturing principles. Items used in assembly are located close to the worker and when this item needs to be restocked, it is done via our fully stocked Kanban cart.
- Every cable we make is individually inspected and then tested on our state of the art, software-controlled test stations. This equipment also checks for connector/cable resistance which makes sure that all connectors are securely fastened and functioning properly.
- We use advanced bagging machines that combine both packaging and database driven custom printing. Our graphic arts department is skilled at integrating the customer's logo and other requirements onto the completed product.
- Plasma Cutting - Shapes of all sizes are cut out of 5' x 10' sheets of steel.
- Water Jet Cutting Very precise cutting of metal, plastic, glass & composite materials.
- Welding - Our seasoned welders are trained to combine raw materials into a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Deburring & Finishing - We prepare freshly cut metal shapes by smoothing out any rough edges.
- Metal Bending - Our state of the art Trumpf press brake automatically diagrams parts, lights up the placement location of dies and allows us to produce extremely accurate parts with very little setup time.
- Powder Coating - With our on-site powder coating operation and rapid-change color system, we can produce finishes in any color, rapidly and accurately.
- Silk Screening - Designs customized to the customer's requirements are silk screened on to the metal.